Wednesday 11 March 2009

Leipzig

Last year I wrote How Do I Love Thee, Leipzig? - and this year they're organising a party by the same name.* I'll be talking, dancing and quizzing with Ulrike Almut Sandig, Mathias Irle (brandeins), Frank Patitz and his Retrovelo-Soundsystem and Claudius Nießen at the release party for the new Moleskine City Notebook Leipzig Special Edition 600 Years of Universität Leipzig. Tomorrow night. At Paris Syndrom.

I'm really quite excited about it all, the highlight of my literary year - the Leipzig Book Fair in all its glory, with grown men and women dressed as manga characters, crowds of schoolkids, readings galore and parties parties parties. Luckily (or not, as the case may be) I overexercised by liver at the lcb the other night, so I won't be tempted to go too wild.

You shall know me by my groovy new "I heart german books" badge, in case any fellow German book lovers happen to bump into me.

*Not strictly a coincidence. We translators move in mysterious ways.

No comments: